Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Poetry Machine

I buy one thirty dollar smartphone
And already I feel like Google
Has taken over everything

But I never realized
That they had finally invented
The perfect poetry machine

It's always there in my pocket now
Awaiting the perfect line
And the not so perfect line

Example:
Today it captured the strangest image
Of mysterious hungry mouths
On hungry yellow stalks endlessly swaying
On a white plain
A sea of mouths in the wind
The size of melons
As far as the eye can see

Nothing gets lost now
As it sits in my pocket
An ever present presence always waiting
The serendipity of eternal dictation

And while the endless sea of mouths move
They murmur too
Some in unison
Some not
While in the cacophony
Something beautiful is occasionally heard

No comments:

Post a Comment