Tuesday, November 24, 2015

A Song Of Bones

I have meandered through the day.
I have meandered through the night.
I have seen darkness.
I have seen light.
I have seen the swelling mountain's might
where the monster wipes it's mouth and bleeds.
I have seen the rain, the snow, the now
that never leaves.

I have seen the severed limbs
and I have heard the song of bones,
the squish of boneless face and ogre's shin
where tears of blood that shake and groan
take root in earth of flesh where flowers grow.
I have heard the weeping of the beast
that loses everything it knows
to a frank and furious rage
that blows.

It is the lasting long and copious meal
this feast of friendship where the bleeding beasthead
weeps and says it couldn't help itself
then lays its head to rest
to wonder what it's done
and what it knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment