Saturday, November 28, 2015

The Poet Writes About Himself (Again)


I was going to write a poem about the future
Where instead of smartwatches
And those ridiculous wearable android devices
Everyone decides to wear electroencephalographic monitors
With moving image maps
To display their brain activity in rainbow hues
Like some Doppler Radar of the soul

But I decided to write again about myself instead
Not because I'm interesting
Or beautiful
Or ugly
Or unusual
Or anything at all
Its just the only subject that I know

Still the future thing would have made a good idea ya know?
In fact I wrote about it once already
Before my phone ate that one too

The idea just doesn't let go
The idea of letting Google extrapolate our thoughts
For all the world to see
Maybe for once
We could finally know who the smart people really were
The poets and the dreamers
The visionaries and the future Nobel peace prize winners
Just by tracking their brain activity everyday
And putting it up for everyone to see
We could finally find the terrorists
We could stop Isis in its tracks
The Pol Pots
The Hitler's
We could finally rid the world of all their shit
Then we could come for the poets and the dreamers too
Hell, why not?
They probably started it all in the first place anyhow

But the world can't handle that much honesty
So I'll write about myself again instead
Since the world can't talk about itself like that
I'll do it for you now
Writing one more time about myself, my soul
A quiet place that sits waiting
Like the end of the world
A place where everything
Is so exquisitely empty
A place where the Pol Pots don't exist
Where the Hitlers are dead
A place where Isis can no longer
Brainwash its innocent children
The true victims in all this mess
My soul
Where the child in me sleeps soundly
Wrapped in a blanket of forever dream
That place where quiet winds and soft rains come.

No comments:

Post a Comment