Sunday, June 8, 2014

Lines

I have seen wonder in its purest form.
I have seen the essence of all things.
I have gazed inside the hidden drawer

and fled the magic light in fear and shame.
I have seen my face etched on the glass
of light and I have heard the hidden name.

I have felt the ocean moment pass.
I have seen eternity in form
and purity in every blade of grass.

I have felt the joy to which all things must conform
afraid to even feel that state of grace
when all around are sleeping with the worm:

but I have believed in the human race.
I have seen the yard beyond the door
and honesty in every lying face.

I have drunk deep and only wanted more
of the water from light's ocean fountain.
I have found the joy in every chore

and I have made the heart into a mountain
that lump of earth that once was without form.
I have reckoned time is beyond counting

when what's profound exists within the norm
and happiness exists in every thing.
I have felt the sun that warms the worm.
I have seen wonder in its purest form.

No comments:

Post a Comment